What are Fish Explorer Points?
Points are form of recognition for your contributions to the website. This is a way to acknowledge those committed to the FishExplorer.com concept.
Thank you for your support of our community and this continuously developing platform.
How do I earn points?
You can earn points by contributing to the website, by such things as submitting lake/river reports, photographs, helpful forum posts, events to the
calendar, and edits/additions to our lake and river catalogs.
Skippers, calendar editors, news editors, club liaisons, and lake/river editors have greater opportunity to gain points.
All points granted are pending approval of submissions.
How can I use points?
Use points for discounts on FxR+ subscriptions
free Contributing Memberships
and entries in our annual Winter Giveaway (which offers a chance of winning dozens of great fishing prizes).
FxR+ Subscription Discounts:Get FxR+
- $3 off 12-month subscription for 200 points
- $5 off 12-month subscription for 500 points
- $7 off 12-month subscription for 1,000 points
- $10 off 12-month subscription for 2,500 points
- $20 off 12-month subscription for 5,000 points
- Free 12-month subscription for 7,500 points
- 1 month per 200 points
- 6-months for 1,000 points
- 9-months for 1,500 points
- 12-months for 2,000 points
What are Year Points and All-Time Points?
In your My Account
page, you will see a table showing your points.
- All-time Points Earned - Every member has an "All-time Points Earned" figure which is an ongoing accumulation of points regardless of how many are used – indicative of a member's
overall contribution to the website.
- Year Points Earned - "Year Points" is how many points you have earned in the current calendar year.
- Available All-time Points - "Available All-time Points" is the balance of overall points available for you to use on things like FxR+ discounts.
- Available Year Points - "Available Year Points" is the balance of points that are available to use on things like the Winter Giveaway.
Once points are used to acquire something like a Winter Giveaway entry or a discount, they are deducted from
available points. "Year Points" resets January 1 of each year and "All-time Points" carry over from year to year.
How do I know how many points I have?
Go to the My Account
page, when logged in, and your points are listed there.